It's not like riding a bicycle
It's more like playing an instrument. Well, at least in some ways.
It's been probably six or seven years more like seven-eight years (heh) since I did much hand coding of html in a text editor. And I've only played around a little with CSS style sheets--just noodling, as it were. So I'm discovering holes and gaps, lacks and losses, absences and the like in my attempts to just get this flippin' template right before hitting TWC with it. (Edit: Hmph. So far, my only "real" contribution has been to modify Basil's Haloscan Hack so that the width of the Trackbacks window resizes automatically when I change resolutions. It's wedded to the size of the center column, which is variable; the sidebars are constant size. Works well in Opera and Firefox, and as I say below, who cares how it works in Internet Exploder.)
Yeh, yeh, I made another backup of the mess over at TWC today. And make no mistake: I know that silly thing is a mess. Things just slapped in the sidebar and header like topsy messing with porridge.
*sigh*
Well, I always said I didn't want this stuff to be too much like work, cos it was mainly to still the voices in my head. heh But...
...Just like picking a musical instrument back up after years of not playing, there's a certain pleasure in the work of getting one's chops back—even when those chops were only so-so to begin with, perhaps.
So. Gonna do some "clean kludging" with this template. Move things around so that alignment issues aren't so noticeable, maybe, if I don't get the effect I want at several different screen resolutions in different browsers.
Not gonna worry too much about Internet Exploder, though. I don't really care to bend myself outa shape serving users/readers who insist on using a non-standards-compliant browser. Let 'em eat cake.
So. My dear non-existant readers: hit me with your best shot. What do YOU say I need to do to this template?
| It's more like playing an instrument. Well, at least in some ways. It's been Yeh, yeh, I made another backup of the mess over at TWC today. And make no mistake: I know that silly thing is a mess. Things just slapped in the sidebar and header like topsy messing with porridge. *sigh* Well, I always said I didn't want this stuff to be too much like work, cos it was mainly to still the voices in my head. heh But... ...Just like picking a musical instrument back up after years of not playing, there's a certain pleasure in the work of getting one's chops back—even when those chops were only so-so to begin with, perhaps. So. Gonna do some "clean kludging" with this template. Move things around so that alignment issues aren't so noticeable, maybe, if I don't get the effect I want at several different screen resolutions in different browsers. Not gonna worry too much about Internet Exploder, though. I don't really care to bend myself outa shape serving users/readers who insist on using a non-standards-compliant browser. Let 'em eat cake. So. My dear non-existant readers: hit me with your best shot. What do YOU say I need to do to this template? |











